This article covers how to update an option grant on Capdesk
[If you need support on registering options onto Capdesk, you can find the support article here.]
Once you have registered options, you may come across a situation where you might need to edit an option grant due to incorrect details entered. (If you are looking to update details of the optionholder themselves you can find the support article here). You can update the option grant by clicking on the "Options" tab on the left of the screen to open the options page:
To have a look at the details for a specific option you can click the "View" button on the left of the option holder name, a menu will open to the right of the details and you can inspect which details relating to the option grant is incorrect.
Once you're on this page, find relevant optionholder and click on the "..." action button to the right of the name, and a drop down menu will appear. To update the grant details, click on the "Edit" button on the drop down menu. This button is only available if you have not published the option grant and it is in drafts.
The amount of data you can update once published is limited. However, through the edit button you can edit:
- Whether the grant has been notified to HMRC
- The assigned funding round. (If you are missing the desired funding round and need to add another, you can find out how to do this here.)
- Board approval date
- New terms and conditions
Once you have recorded these changes, please click save to ensure new updated fields are saved onto Capdesk. It is important to acknowledge that these changes will not leave an audit trail, if you would like to make deeper changes consider registering offline amendments.
Registering offline amendments:
Once you are online and published, modifying grant data can be very limited. To register offline amendments, go onto the "Options" page as stated before. Click on the "..." button on the relevant option holder.
This will take you to the offline amendment page, where you can modify the following:
- Grant date: date of when the options were granted, not vesting start date.
- Exercise price: exercise price per share.
- Expiry date: expiration date of the grant.
- Notes and documents: This is for any external notes that may relate to the option grant you would like to acknowledge and documents you want optionholder to have access to i.e. option agreement. To add the document, please click the green "Add document" button and then choose the file you would like to upload.
If you would like to view what the amendment would look like without making any permanent changes, click "Save Draft". If you are happy with the amendments and notes/documents added click "Publish Amendment".
An important thing to note here is that neither "Save Draft" or "Publish Amendment" will notify the option holder.
You can view a summary of the grant by clicking on "Grant summary" found at the top of the page:
This link will show a pop up on the right side of the screen summarising the grant.
Thanks for reading this support article.
If you need further assistance, you can reach out to us by submitting a support ticket here.