To transfer shares on Capdesk, you can either:1. Go to the Cap table page (under Ownership), find the stakeholder (you can use the search bar) then click on the action button (far right with the 3 dots) -> Transfer Shares.
You will then need to either find the buyer if they already exist on Capdesk or Add New Buyer instead. When adding a new buyer, you will need to input their details (this includes, name, email, address, etc).
Once you have selected a buyer, you will need to enter transfer details. The mandatory fields to enter are:
- Share class: the share class of the shares that are being transferred
- Date of transfer: the date of when the transfer took place
- Quantity: amount of shares that are transferred
- Price per share: this is the price paid per share (making sure the correct currency for the transaction is selected).
In additional to these mandatory fields, you can include the following:
- Funding round: if you want to record this transaction to a specific funding round
- Registration date: the date of when the transaction was entered in the share register / register of members
- Notes and Comments: under the 'Details' tab, any notes and comments can be recorded for administrators, the buyer and the seller to view.
- Upload documents: you can upload any relevant documents relating this to transaction (i.e. proof of purchase).
Once the transfer has been saved, it can be found under the transaction tab. By clicking on the transaction, you will be able to view the details and any notes or documents.
If the transfer was saved in draft, you can click the corresponding action button to edit, delete or publish the transaction.
Additionally, please note that the transfer will be reflected in the cap table for both parties.
2. Go the Shares page (under Ownership) -> Shares (button) -> Transfer Shares.
Find the seller who will be transferring their shares.
You will then need to add the buyer. Similar to the above process, you will then need to either find the buyer if they already exist on Capdesk or Add New Buyer instead. When adding a new buyer, you will need to input their details (this includes, name, email, address, etc).
Once buyer is selected, you can follow the above to complete the transfer information.
If you have lots of transfers to record, you can prepare an import file and import all transfer transactions. Read the guide here