This article aims to cover how to upload documents for your stakeholders (investors, optionholders, etc.) to have access to
If you would like to find out more about the Documents page, please read more about here.
There are two places on Capdesk where you can upload documents for stakeholders:
- Stakeholder page: this is on the page where you can edit the personal details of the stakeholder and can be uploaded at any time
- On the transaction: this is specific to the transaction and can only be uploaded if the transaction is in drafts and not published
1. Stakeholder page:
You can upload documents for specific stakeholders, if you navigate to the Cap Table page located on your left side menu and click on the "..." action button next to a specific stakeholder, then "Modify Stakeholder".
You will be redirected to the specific stakeholders page, from here you can edit any of their details. The relevant section on this page is the "Notes and Documents". You can choose to attach a note, otherwise click on the grey "Add Document" button:
Click on the green "Save stakeholder" button to save the document on the stakeholder. If you would like to view the document, click on the stakeholder name, this will give you an expanded view of the stakeholder, you can then expand the "Stakeholder Documents" section to view attached document(s).
The stakeholder will be able to view the document if you are live and they have signed up.
2. Attaching documents to specific transaction:
This process works very similar to the previous method, it also applies to any type of security.
Instead of uploading documents to the stakeholder, you can upload it to a specific transaction.
For example, if you navigate to the shares page and select a particular issuance that is in drafts (it will not allow you to edit if the data is published) and you would like to upload a document to, click on the action button (with the 3 dots) and then click on 'Edit':
The yellow text highlights some examples of what documents you can upload.
This documents section is available in several places allowing you to upload documents where you would like and follows the same process. This includes:
- Share issuances, conversions, transfers and cancellations
- On a specific share class, a specific share split and valuations
- Offline option grant issuance, cancellation and exercise
- Convertible note issuance, repayment and conversion
If you need further assistance, you can reach out to us by submitting a support ticket here.