This article will cover how to record offline RSU's
Before you can start recording RSUs, you will need to ensure that you have enabled the RSU add-on.
To do this, navigate to the settings and add-ons tab on the left side menu. Then scroll down to the "RSUs Addon" checkbox and tick it and Save.
This will enable you to see the RSUs tab on the left side menu under "Equity awards", clicking on this will redirect you to the RSU's page.
Choose the origin of shares this plan is using:
1) Directly from Incentive Pool: If the shares has been authorised by the board to an equity pool in general
2) Authorise specifically for this plan (a portion of the pool):If the shares has been authorised by the board to this plan specifically
3) Outside Pool (non-incentive shares outside the pool): If no shares has been authorised, but will be upon either granting or exercising.
If you need help on how to create an incentive pool on Capdesk, you can find the support article here.
Assign a plan name and select the relevant share class, if the share class you are looking for does not appear in the drop down, you can simply add a new one by clicking the grey "Add" button.
Once you have filled in the fields in the screenshot above, your new share class will appear in the drop down and you can then attach it to the plan. You will be able to view this on the plans page:
After you have entered the buyer details, you will be redirected to "Grant RSU" page:
You will need to fill out:
- RSU plan - select the relevant plan
- Grant date - date of when the RSU's were granted (this is not the vesting start date)
- Subscription price - Subscription price per share
- Restricted stock units - number of RSU's granted
- Expires - expiration date of the grant (if applicable)
For the vesting schedule, you will need to put in values for:
- Vesting schedule - Dictates how the RSUs will vest. We have 7 different types of vesting schedules, please select one that is most suitable to the schedule outlined in the agreement.
- Automatic (Distribute Evenly, Round Up): Rounds first tranche then distributes evenly.
- Automatic (Distribute Evenly, Round Down): Rounds down first tranche then distributes evenly.
- Automatic (Round Up): Rounds up any fractional vesting at each tranche and removes any difference in the last tranche.
- Automatic (Round Down): Rounds down any fractional vesting at each tranche and adds any difference in the last tranche.
- Immediate: the RSUs will immediately vest on the vesting start date.
- Custom: Allows vesting at selected dates.
- Vesting Conditions: Set conditions which have to be met to allow RSUs to be vested e.g. vests on exit (no date is required to be entered).
- Vesting period start date - The date of when the RSU starts vesting (including the cliff).
- Vesting on - When the tranches should be vested e.g. First of each month.
- Vesting period - Total vesting period in months including cliff.
- Vesting cliff (months) - No vesting takes part during the cliff.
- Vesting cliff percentage - The percentage of the grant which is to be vested at the end of the cliff period.
- Vesting interval - How often does it vest after the cliff / or vesting start date e.g. if RSU grant vests monthly, input 1.
If you have any documents, you wish to attach, we'd advise you upload now by clicking the "Notes and Documents" drop-down and upload the document there.
Once you've entered the relevant details and if you aren't live click the "Save Draft" button. If you are already live, you can select either "Save Draft" or "Publish and Notify Grant holder" button.
Once registered, you can view the grant on the grants tab:
To view detailed information for any RSU click the "View" button on the "RSUs" page.
If you saved the RSU grant as a draft, you can edit the grant, this will allow you to make changes to the RSU grant itself. If you click on the blue "..." action button to the right of the grant, you will see a drop down menu with several different options, to edit the grant please click "edit".
This will redirect you to the "Edit RSU grant" page, you will not be able to change the plan through this page but can change other details like the grant date, vesting start date and the vesting schedule.
If you would like to change the plan of a RSU holder, you will need to delete the grant and re-issue with the new plan.
Thanks for reading this support article, we hope it was helpful. If you need further assistance, you can reach out to us by submitting a support ticket here.