You are able to export your cap table in the form of an Excel file. The article below will walk you through the process of exporting your cap table.
To export the cap table report from Capdesk, go to the "Cap Table" page and click the green "Export" button from the right-hand-side to select the "Capitalization Table".
Once you have clicked on "Capitalization Table", you'll be brought to the "Order Report" page where you can decide what you want to include in the report.
On the "Order Report" page you'll be able to select which information you want to be included in your export. Below you'll find a list of options which you are presented with and a description of what including them will mean for your export. Once you've decided which information you want to be included in the export click "Order" and it will arrive in your email inbox.
- Select what currency you want
- Include drafts:
- Before going live, this will be automatically selected as all of your data will be in draft form. If it is unticked and your account is not live, your report will be blank so ensure it is ticked if you are not live.
- When your account is live and all your data is published, this option then gives you the choice to include draft data in the cap table report.
- Include ceased shareholders:
- If you have shareholders who are recorded on Capdesk who have reduced their shareholdings to zero, you can use this button to include them on the cap table report, they would otherwise be left out.
- Include deferred shares:
- If you have registered deferred shares on Capdesk, you can choose to include the shareholders of this deferred share class as well.
- As Of:
- To see the cap table as it was in the past, you can enter the date here and the report will be as of that date.
Once you've ordered the cap table you'll receive an email, as seen below and click "Download" to open the Excel file.
On this download, there are a number of sheets, some of which are set out below.
The "Summary" sheet gives you an overview of your cap table with both the undiluted cap table and the fully diluted cap table.
If you click on the "Stakeholders" sheet, you can get an overview of which equity type each stakeholder holds, an example of this is shown below.
The export also contains a "Convertible Notes" sheet which lists out all the convertible loan notes and its details (if applicable), an example of this is shown below.
The export will also have a share class tab which will provide data about investments in a specific share class, an example of the data you'll see is shown below showing only A shares.
If you need further assistance, you can reach out to us by submitting a support ticket here.