Before you can record RSUs, you will need to enable the add-on and add an RSU plan
To record RSUs, you will need to ensure that you have:
1. Enabling the RSU add-on
To enable the add-on, go to the 'Settings and Add-ons' page on the left side menu. Then scroll down to the "RSUs Addon" and tick the checkbox and Save.
You will now have access to RSU which you can find under "Equity Awards"on the left side menu.
2) Adding an RSU plan
After enabling the RSU add-on, you will need to add a plan before you can start recording your RSU grants.
Choose the origin of shares this plan is using:
1) Directly from Incentive Pool: If the shares have been authorised by the board to an equity pool in general
2) Authorise specifically for this plan (a portion of the pool): If the shares have been authorised by the board to this plan specifically
3) Outside Pool (non-incentive shares outside the pool): If no shares have been authorised, but will be upon either granting or exercising.
If you need help on how to create an incentive pool on Capdesk, you can find the support article here.
Assign a plan name and select the relevant share class, if the share class you are looking for does not appear in the drop-down, you can simply add a new one by clicking the grey "Add" button.
Once you have filled in the fields in the screenshot above, your new share class will appear in the drop-down and you can then attach it to the plan. Save the plan and you will be able to see it on the plans page:
You are now ready to record RSUs, you can record in a number of ways:
- If you would like to bulk import RSU grants, you can read the support article here.
- If you would like to issue RSU's offline and simply record them on Capdesk, you can find more information here.
- If you would like to issue RSU's online (sign them through Capdesk), you can read here.
If you need further assistance, you can reach out by submitting a support ticket here.